Thursday, January 27, 2011

Running Journal, Entry 3!

That's right, number 3! Had to cut out the last two 7.3mph runs on this outing. Just got decently short of breath by the end of the run. Nothing that I'm worried about in the slightest, I think it's just the combination of running a day, resting a day, running a day. I'm "taking the weekend off" by going to a quiz meet in Nipawin, so I'll be ready to go on Tuesday! I'll detail my next week's workouts for all of you at the end of this post.

Today I did:
  • 40 minutes
    • 3 minutes of 5.3mph (7 times)
    • 4 minutes of 5.3mph (the final time, to make up for not doing the 7.3mph run)
    • 1 minute of 7.3mph (6 times)
    • 1 minute of 3.8mph (8 times)
  • 1.0% incline
  • 3.53 miles in total
Next week, my plan is to do the following:
  • 48 minutes (adding 1 minute to every rotation)
    • 4 minutes of 5.3-5.5mph
    • 1 minute of 7.3mph
    • 1 minute of 3.8mph
  • 1.0% incline
So far, the jogging sections aren't the problem, it has been the running ones. So it's good to increase the jogging ones so I keep up a decent cardio workout as well. Thoughts on that idea?

See you all after the weekend! Or whenever people comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment